Who we are and how to contact us
The sites (Showroom, Events, Popups and Website), and our Services (e.g. Personal Shopping, Alterations, etc.) are operated by Seamsystemic LTD trading as DEPLOY.
How we collect your personal information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing online, over the phone, in person, at a DEPLOY event or pop up or when you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how customers use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience.
We collect information in a number of ways which are listed below:
- When you register or use deployworkshop.com (the "Website")
- When you contact DEPLOY by telephone or email or text
- When you register for or use DEPLOY in-person shopping services (e.g. personal shopping)
- When you enter any event, prize draws or competitions run by DEPLOY.
- When completing any surveys that we may send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these)
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes
- When you buy products or gift vouchers (details of transactions you make from DEPLOY (whether in-store or via the Website or App)
- From time to time, we may also get data about you from third parties. This could include other partners that we have run partnerships, competitions and events with.
The types of information we collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you up to date about all the latest exciting DEPLOY news and events.
Information we obtain directly from you
Here are some examples of information we collect about you when you interact with us (as detailed in point 3):
- Name and Surname
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact phone number(s)
- Purchase information
- Interactions with us e.g. contacting our Customer Service
- Payment details
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
- Attendance at events
- Appointment booking and information given during appointment
- Alternations and repair requests
- Automatically populated IP address*
- Information from cookies**
*When visiting our website we may collect an automatically populated IP address. An IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device (such as your mobile or tablet) to browse the internet. We may also record the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version.
Information we obtain independently from you:
Third Party Organisations.
We may combine information you have given to us with additional information made available from / shared with us by external sources. This will only be done when we both have a lawful basis to do so.
From time to time we may screen our database against recognised data files such as National Change of Address file to help us keep our database up to date.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, Pintrest, Instagram, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information available publicly.
We may include information found in places such as Companies House and information that has been published in for example articles/ newspapers / online.
Ensuring your personal information is only used where lawful
In order for our use of your personal information to comply with applicable data protection law, that use by us needs to fall under at least one of the specific lawful reasons that are set out in applicable data protection law. Examples of these lawful reasons include our use of your personal information being necessary for the purchase of goods or services, or for compliance with a legal obligation.
Where your personal information is completely anonymised, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute personal information that is regulated under data protection laws. However, our collection and use of such anonymised personal information may be subject to other laws where your consent is required.
Where your personal information is not in an anonymous form, we will have a lawful reason to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best products to you and our other customers.
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
At DEPLOY we like to get to know our customers personally so we can provide you with extraordinary service and experiences. We use information about you in a number of ways, including providing services that you have requested, offering you a personalised experience and informing you about special events or exciting DEPLOY news. We might also use the information we have to contact you about any information we might need to process your orders, returns or queries.
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- Fulfilment of and delivery of products and services you have ordered. We may share your personal information with our delivery partners and third party concessions.
- Process payments. DEPLOY does not store any payment card numbers once the transaction has been completed. We share your personal information with credit card companies and other payment providers.
- Contact you with important information relating to your booking or purchase, such as confirming your order, letting you know about returns and refunds. We share your information with our communication partners for this purpose.
- Process your tax free rebates. We share your personal information with HMRC.
Where we have your consent:
- Send you marketing updates via email about all the latest news, events and offers at DEPLOY. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in any email. We share your personal information with a variety of third party email marketing providers who assist us in delivering our email marketing campaigns to you. Third Parties include: Constant Contact, MailChimp.
- Use your details to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. Online advertising channels we may use are: digital display, video on demand, search engine marketing, paid social - these are all on third party sites or platforms.
- We may tailor emails and online advertising to the things you love, so they’re relevant to your location, what you have shown an interest in and the things you buy from us.
Where we have justifiable reason (legitimate interest):
- Events. We share your personal information with any applicable third party hosting the event and ticketing companies such as Eventbrite and Calendly
- Respond to customer service enquiries raised in the store, online, social media or on the phone.
- Send an abandoned basket email via a third party supplier.
- Invite you to provide feedback about our products and services in the form of online, email, or in-store surveys. We use this information to help us improve the quality of service provided; to monitor the quality of our products and services and to assist with the selection of future product and service lines.
- Analyse aggregated customer information with other interactions customers have with DEPLOY in order to continually improve the products and services we offer through our stores; website and app. We do this using Google Analytics, Shopify, Bluetill, Eventbrite, Mailchimp and Constant Contact.
- Anonymous track usage statistics on our Site. By using this information, we are able to measure the effectiveness of our content and how visitors use our Sites and our Services. This allows us to learn what pages to target our adverts to so that they’re more relevant to you.
- Measure and understand how our customers respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
- To keep our database accurate and relevant, we may do this for example, using National Change of Address.
- Detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
Where we have collected your contact details in the process of a sale (or negotiations of a sale) either in store or online, of a product or service, DEPLOY will have PECR compliant permission to send you email marketing. We will only send you emails to let you know about DEPLOY products and services.
You will be able to say no to receive these emails when we first collect your contact details and you will be able to unsubscribe in every subsequent communication from us.
Sharing your information
We use third party platforms to manage and deliver customer relationship management (CRM); email marketing campaigns; online advertising, customer analytics, events; booking of appointments, fulfillment of orders, delivery, returns, refunds, IT services; etc. In providing the services, your personal information will, where applicable, be used by the service provider on our behalf.
We will check any third party that we use to ensure that they can provide sufficient guarantees regarding the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We will have written contracts with them which provide assurances regarding the protections that they will give to your personal information and their compliance with our data security standards and international transfer restrictions.
Business Administration and Legal Compliance
In certain circumstances, we share and/or are obliged to share your personal information for business administration and legal compliance purposes with third parties outside the DEPLOY Group.
We may use your personal information in connection with a business transition (such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all of or portion of our assets), to enforce our legal rights and or to protect the rights of third parties and it is in our legitimate interest to do so. In such instances it will be necessary to share your personal information with external professional advisors such as lawyers and accountants, or insurers or financial institutions.
We may use your personal information for legal compliance purposes and to enforce our legal rights. In such instances it will be necessary to share your personal information with external parties such as administrative authorities (HMRC), police and public prosecutors or to comply with a court order. It is our legal obligation to do so.
How can I unsubscribe from marketing communications?
We would obviously be sad to say goodbye, but if at any point you do not wish to hear from us there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe.
These are as follows:
- You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each "unsubscribe" link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
- Alternatively, you can contact us by calling +44 (0) 935 1219, Monday to Friday: 10am -5pm or by emailing: email@example.com .
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and DEPLOY does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
Our website, app and emails contain certain cookies, pixels, records and other technologies of which you should be aware.
Third Party Links and Services
- Your browsing and interaction on any other websites, or your dealings with any other third party service provider, is subject to that website’s or third party service provider’s own rules and policies.
- We do not monitor, control, or endorse the privacy practices of any third parties.
- We encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit or third party service provider that you deal with and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We keep your personal information in line with our company retention policy. We only retain information for as long as it is required.
Confidentiality and security of your personal information
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. We do not sell your personal information for any purpose.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification; and
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of our Services.
How to access your information and your other rights
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- Your right of access : If you ask us, we’ll confirm whether we’re processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Your right to correct information : If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it corrected. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the changes where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to delete information : You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to restrict information : You can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us processing it. It won’t stop us from storing your personal information though. We’ll tell you before we lift any restriction. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to data portability : With effect from 25 May 2018, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- Your right to object : You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
- Relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or
- Processing your personal information for direct marketing.
- Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling : You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it’s based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
- Your right to withdraw consent : If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority : If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find details about how to do this on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
DEPLOY Cookies Policy
Last updated: 21.05.2018
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
- to enable certain functions of the Service,
- to provide analytics,
- to store your preferences,
- to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
Essential cookies: We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. For the full disclosure section, including all types of cookies (from essentials to advertising cookies), create your own Cookies Policy.
Third party cookies: In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various thirdparties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Where can you find more information about cookies?
You can learn more about cookies and the following third party websites:
● AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
● Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org
DEPLOY Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term ‘[DEPLOY]’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is [338 City Road, London EC1V 2PY]. Our company registration number is England & Wales Company No. 05325881 . The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.